Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Red Alert: Snark Level Incredibly High

Today was just one of those days.  The days when you get to work, and from the get-go, your head wants to explode.


It's a court day, so it's very busy.  There are people at the window.  I have people on hold on every phone in the office.  And the phone is still ringing.  And I have to pretend:


EVENTUALLY, I get caught up so that I'm answering phone calls, instead of just taking people off hold one by one.  And I have the following delightful conversation:

Guy:  "Finally, a real person!  I called three times (in the last two minutes), and I ended up getting a voicemail (which he didn't leave one).  This is ridiculous!"

Me: "Sir, I'm sorry you had to wait; but, I'm the only one here.  All of our phones were on hold, and there were several people at the window.  I did my best to answer your phone call as quickly as possible.  Now, how can I help you?"  And I was probably a little angrier and said it a bit nastier than I should have, but I hadn't even had time for a bathroom break, and this guy was getting on my nerves with his "right now" attitude.  And it kind of made me want to do this after I hung up.



Then on top of that guy, there were the usual "Why do I have to see the Judge? WHY?!?!"  

And the "My ticket's HOW much?!  Are you kidding me?"

And I just want to look at all of them and say:




Although my favorite are the ones where they tell me, "No, my ticket should be less than that.  I called a couple of days ago, and they told me a different amount."

To which I think:


But I have to say, "Well, it may have been a different amount a couple of days ago, but you missed the deadline that you were supposed to pay by, so now there's a delinquent notice and $50 dollars are added to your ticket."

And they say, "Well, then I want to see the Judge!  I don't want to pay that."

So I set up a Pre-Trial Conference, and they inevitably go, "Wait!  I don't understand!" 

And I think:


And it's days like these when I'm glad that I made it through the day, and I get home, and I think to myself:


I'm just lucky that the days where I genuinely enjoy my job outweigh the days like these that make me hate everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment