Sunday, August 3, 2014

Another Week, Another Blog Post

So this past week has been very full, very busy.  My supervisor was out of the office, so I was working crazy overtime to help cover.


Monday was very busy, a court day.  I swear I was running around from the second I walked in the door.  There were no unusual surprises, just the usual people who come in and want their payments moved back, because they can't make their payments.  And they'll stand in front of the judge and say:


I honestly don't remember anything noteworthy from the rest of the week, just that it was CRAZY BUSY.  (This is why I shouldn't wait until Sunday afternoon to do my blog post!!)

Friday, though, our HR person had taken a new job and so it was her last day.  There were also two birthdays in the office, so we decided that everyone was going to lunch.

Everyone except me.  It was somehow decided that I would stay there, and watch the office.  It was particularly biting when the people came downstairs, and said:


And I'm like: "ME!!! ME!!!  I AM!!!!"




And then to be shot down. :(  Very sad.  Much sadness.


WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I DON'T GET TO GO?!  I LOVE FOOD, IT'S MY LIFE!!! I DO NOT LIKE THIS DECISION!!

But then the day was saved, when Jill said, "I think we can close down the office.  If everyone is going to lunch anyway, there's no reason we can't just close the office for a little bit.  Plus, I really want Shelby to come."

And I'm so happy, I get to go too!!!

So we get to the restaurant, and one of the ladies from upstairs starts talking to me, and she's says, "You have a son, don't you?"

I'm like:


"Um...no..."  And then it dawns on me:

She means this little guy:



Adorable.  So I say, "Well, he's a little furry, but he certainly THINKS he's my son."  Turns out the people upstairs heard my talking about "Teddy," and assumed he was my son.  Whoops.

So then the conversation turns to the other court clerk, whose anniversary was that day.  And somebody goes, "Whose anniversary was it?  Shelby, was it yours?"  And I go, "No, I'm not married, it's Lisa's."

And then the conversation turns to:


"You're not dating anybody?  Why?"

And I'm just like:




So overall, the lunch was good - set a few things straight, and had a delicious burger.  

Last week, somebody came in on a domestic violence charge, and was going on about how he didn't deserve to be there, and using the F bomb very liberally.  So I finally said, "Sir, every time you use the F bomb, a puppy dies.  And I'd hate to add animal cruelty charges."


He didn't think it was very funny, but I felt like saying:


Thanks for reading - I'll do better next week, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I would have LOVED to see their faces as you are telling them that Teddy thinks he is your son, and them thinking, "What kind of mother ARE you?" Then seeing their faces as they realized who Teddy is. :D

    ReplyDelete